Colombia is one of the world’s largest biodiversity countries and one of the fastest growing economies in South America. It has experienced GDP growth of 3.3% per year on average, during the period 2000-2020 (source: The World Bank).
In 2020, it exported a total of $31.04 billion, making it the number 60 exporter in the world, behind Bulgaria and Oman, but ahead of Morocco and Egypt, according to the International Trade Centre (ITC). Colombia is an exporting powerhouse of products such as coal, emeralds, coffee, gold, bananas and flowers, among others.
The top exports of Colombia are:
- Oil crude: $7.61 billion (18%)
- Coal: $3.54 billion (9%)
- Gold, flattened gold, raw, semi-worked or powdered: $2.90 billion (7%)
- Coffee: $2.52 billion (6%)
- Oil, bituminous mineral oil: $1.54 billion (4%)
The main export destinations are:
- The United States of America: $9.44 billion (30%)
- China: $2.67 billion (9%)
- Panama: $1.51 billion (5%)
- Ecuador: $1.47 billion (5%)
- Brazil: $1.27 billion (4%)
The top imports of Colombia are:
- Telephony or wired electric devices: $2.22 billion (4%)
- Oil, bituminous mineral oil: $1.99 billion (4%)
- Medicinal products made up of mixed products and mixed products: $1.53 billion (3%)
- Cars and other cars designed primarily for transport: $1.53 billion (3%)
- Corn: $1.22 billion (2%)
The main imports origins are:
- The United States of America: $1.63 billion (24%)
- China: $10.39 billion (24%)
- Mexico: $2.92 billion (7%)
- Brazil: $2.43 billion (6%)
- Germany: $1.64 billion (4%)
In 2020, Colombia was the number 38 economy in the world with a GDP of $271.3 billion, behind Bangladesh and South Africa, but ahead of Finland and Vietnam.
Its GDP per capita is $5,333 (2020), just behind Ecuador, but ahead of Albania and South Africa. It is the second most populated country in South America, with 50.8 million inhabitants, behind Brazil (source: The World Bank).
Data from 2020, other years are stated. Need more information about Colombian market, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org